Navigation relies on high accuracy GPS positioning such as DGPS or RTK. Navigation is a cost effective way to combine the marking action with other actions such as planting, cultivating, sowing etc.
Various methods of navigation can be used – depending on the specific needs of the user:
- Parallel tracking is most commonly used where contours aren’t used and long, straight rows are needed.
- Contour tracking is used on lands with contours and where there is cultivated according to the contours.
- Race tracking is used particularly during broad cultivation of lands and when there is worked from the outside in.
- Auto steering is important when use is made of controlled traffic practises.
Characteristics of X20 navigation
- Easy to use o Parallel tracking
- Race tracking
- Contour tracking
- Storage of lands
- Displays position on lands
- Navigate while sowing, planting or fertilisation
- Printing of maps
- Marking of problem areas
- Upgradeable to auto steering
Characteristics of Greenstar navigation
* Specifically for John Deere systems